Head of Junior House Faculty
We require a Head of Junior Faculty to lead our popular and successful preparatory department for girls aged between 3 and 11. The role is part time and could include some class teaching which would affect the overall FTE.
The core purpose of the Head of Junior House Faculty at Westfield School is to provide professional leadership and management for the Junior House faculty. This involves providing a vision, achieving a commitment to a set of values and guiding and inspiring colleagues to secure high standards of teaching and learning, the effective use of resources and improvement in standards of learning and achievement for all pupils.
We are looking for an individual:
• Who will ensure up to date knowledge of developments in education and communicate and drive these changes through with the staff in the faculty
• Who will help create a climate for learning that meets the needs of all pupils and impacts positively on their learning
• Who will support the form tutors in providing pastoral care and to be the ‘second line’ in dealing with issues with girls and parents
• Who will support the professional development of staff within Junior House, including by assisting them in meeting their review targets
• Who will work with the Senior Team and other Heads of Faculty on whole school developments as appropriate
Closing date: Friday 31 January 2020
An application form and further details are available from the Headmaster’s PA, Mrs Jane Jokelson, email email@example.com
Please find attached a job description and person specification.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.